Brazil is one of the most attractive countries in South America. It is the 5th largest country in the world and the 5th most populous country. here are some fun and interesting facts about brazil that you should know.
List of interesting facts about brazil –
- The official name of Brazil is República Federativa do Brasil.
- The word Brazil derived from a tree called Brazilwood which means “red as a man”.
- The highest peak in Brazil is Pico da Neblina with a height of 2994 meters.
- Brazil ranks 5th in the world in terms of population, with a population of 201,009,622.
- Brazil’s official birthday as a country is considered September 7, 1822, when Prince Pedro refuses to return to Portugal.
- Even after Portugal’s independence, the monarchy continued in Brazil until Brazil was declared independent in 1889.
- Brazil has the largest market for crack cocaine in the world.
- Brazil ranks fifth in the world in terms of landmass, which extends over 5.35 million square miles.
- Black beans made feijoada is the national dish of Brazil.
- Brazil claims to have the highest Catholic population in the world, which is 73.6% of its total population.
- Brazil is the first South American country to accepting women in the army for the first time in the 1980s.
- The current capital of Brazil is Brasilia, which is the third capital of Brazil after independent.
- The first printing press in Brazil was established in Rio de Janeiro in 1808.
- The first US President to visit Brazil was Franklin Roosevelt who visited Brazil in July 1934.
- Brazil is the second country after America to have the highest number of airports.
- Sex change surgeries are free by the Brazilian Public Health System since 2008.
- Brasilia, the capital of Brazil, looks like an airplane when viewed from the sky.
- Voting is compulsory in Brazil.
- A unique feature of the Brazilian Bororo community is that the blood group of all the people in this community is O.
- The entry of humans is prohibited on the Snake Island of Brazil because here you will find five snakes in every square meter.
Interesting facts about brazil
- The name of a Brazilian city is Nao-Me-Toque which means “Do not touch me”.
- According to a report, 60 million tourists visit Brazil every year.
- Brazil ranks ninth in terms of the highest number of billionaires in the world.
- Brazil is the first South American country to host the Olympics for the first time in 2016.
- There are 19 UNESCO World Heritage sites in Brazil.
- Rubber made Brazil one of the prosperous countries in the late 18th century.
- In the region around Brazil and Argentina, the Earth’s magnetic field was found to be significantly weaker, especially in the last 180 years.
- Pelé is a Brazilian football player who is famous all over the world. Brazil has won the football FIFA World Cup five times.
- Every city in Brazil has at least one football stadium.
- “Silva” is the most famous surname in Brazil.
More Detail about Brazil – Brazil Wikipedia
You may also like – [BEST] Interesting Facts about China